Witnesses to Christ: People from His Passion - Resources for Lent-Easter Preaching and Worship - Digital Edition
Explore Christ's Passion through the Witness of St. John's Gospel with these digital preaching and worship materials from Dr. R. Reed Lessing.
Rich-text files allow you to adapt each of the included components for your church’s needs:
- Ten sermons and children’s messages
- Seven Bible studies
- New hymn for the series
- Logos and media kit for promotional use
- Resources for Holy Week worship
- Congregational reading of the Passion of our Lord according to the Gospel of St. John
This resource is a digital download.You will be able to immediately download the entire resource—no more waiting or paying for shipping!
How to Download
Downloading directly after checkout:
- On the order confirmation screen, you will see your download files along with an access now button. The button will be below the icon for printing your receipt.
- Click the access now button. That will take you directly to the just-purchased downloadable piece.
- Log in to your cph.org account with your username and password.
- At the top of the homepage, and click “My Account.”
- On the left hand side, click “Digital Content” under the heading of the same name.
- All your digital content will be available for download on this page.
About the Theme
This year’s series paints a stunning portrait of Jesus through the eyes of the witnesses of His Passion in St. John’s Gospel. John tells us he wrote his Gospel: “so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name” (John 20:30–31).
This Lent, strengthen your faith with the witness of those who were present as part of Jesus’ journey to the cross.
About the Author
Dr. R. Reed Lessing serves as a Professor of Theology and Ministry at Concordia University, St. Paul. Previously, he was a professor of exegetical theology and director of the graduate school at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri. He studied at St. John’s College, Winfield, Kansas (B.A.), and Concordia Seminary (M. Div., S.T.M., Ph.D.).
|Church Year Seasons||Lent|