The Crucified King - Resources for Lent and Easter Preaching and Worship
Complete with fully customizable resources for Lent and Easter, this CD-ROM provides pastors and musicians with the preaching and worship resources they need to lead their congregations through Lent in preparation for Easter.
- Ten sermons, plus sermon outlines and textual notes
- Ten children's messages
- Seven Bible studies
- Two full sets of worship resources—contemporary and traditional
- Rich-text files for personal adaptation
- Logos for promotional use
- The Passion of Our Lord According to the Gospel of St. Matthew (for congregational reading)
- Resources for Holy Week worship
- Resources for Holy Saturday worship for congregations not using Easter Vigil
- Ash Wednesday — Matthew 6:1–6, 16–21; The King's Wisdom
- Midweek of Lent 1 — Matthew 26:47–56; The King Betrayed
- Midweek of Lent 2 — Matthew 26:69–75; The King Denied
- Midweek of Lent 3 — Matthew 27:11–26; The King Condemned
- Midweek of Lent 4 — Matthew 27:27–31; The King Mocked
- Midweek of Lent 5 — Matthew 27:35–44; The King on the Cross
- Holy Thursday — Matthew 26:17–30; The King's Feast
- Good Friday — Matthew 27:45–50; The King Forsaken
- Easter Vigil — Mark 16:1–8; The King's Empty Tomb
- Easter — Matthew 28:1–30; The King Raised
About the Theme
The Passion according to St. Matthew makes clear the identity of Jesus Christ and what He has come to do. The Crucified King proclaims a King whose glory is shown not in His impressive power or strength, but chiefly in showing mercy to sinners.
About the Series
Author Ralph Tausz's dynamic series provides pastors and worship leaders with a comprehensive set of preaching and worship resources for Lent and Easter. Centered around a complete set of sermons, Bible studies, children's messages, and worship resources, The Crucified King series includes three coordinating products:
- The Crucified King: Resources for Lent and Easter Preaching and Worship (CD-ROM)
- The Crucified King: Daily Devotions
- Standard Lent Bulletin: The Crucified King
About the Author
Ralph G. Tausz graduated from Concordia Theological seminary in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 2000 with an MDiv degree. He was then ordained and installed as pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Apostles in Melrose Park, Illinois. A native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire.
The printed Gospel text in the worship services for Midweek of Lent 4, The King Mocked, is in error.
This download contains the two corrected files for Midweek of Lent 4.
This download contains two corrected files for Holy Thursday.