Reformation Hymns for Treble Voices
An accessible and versatile collection of hymns for treble voices based on hymns with Reformation themes. Even churches that do not typically have a women’s or children’s choir could find this collection useful for special festival services, such as those to celebrate the anniversary of the Reformation.
- “A Little Cantata on A Mighty Fortress Is Our God” by Benjamin M. Culli allows even a modest choir to make use of a cantata. With each hymn stanza represented in its own movement, selected stanzas can even be used to assemble a hymn concertato. For SSAA and keyboard.
- “Lord Jesus Christ, with Us Abide” by Kenneth T. Kosche uses organ with a variety of voicings for each stanza. For SSA and organ.
- “Lord, Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word” by Timothy Shaw employs beautiful textures in an SSA a cappella arrangement.
- “Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart” by Kevin Hildebrand is a homophonic treatment of the hymn for SSAA a cappella.
- “Now Thank We All Our God” by Kevin Hildebrand is arranged for SSA and keyboard.
|Number of Pages||32|
|Collection Content||A Little Cantata on A Mighty Fortress Is Our God; Lord Jesus Christ, with Us Abide; Lord, Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word; Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart; Now Thank We All Our God;|
|Music Text Translator||F. Samuel Janzow; Catherine Winkworth|
|Music Setting Composers||Kenneth Kosche; Kevin Hildebrand; Timothy Shaw; Benjamin M Culli|
|Music Text Writer||Martin Rinckart; Martin Schalling; Martin Luther; Nicolaus Selnecker; Philipp Melanchthon|
|Music Tune Composers||Johann Crüger; Martin Luther|
|Tune Names||ACH BLEIB BEI UNS, EIN FESTE BURG, ERHALT UNS, HERR, HERZLICH LIEB, NUN DANKET ALLE GOTT|