God's Word for Today: Esther (Downloadable)
The Book of Esther tells the tale of the young, beautiful Jewish girl, who by God's gracious providence became queen of Persia. With Mordecai, her protective and loving cousin, Esther saves her people by exposing a cruel plot to exterminate the Jews remaining in Persia, who chose not to return to the Promised Land.
While God's name does not appear in this book, He is the main character. Working behind the scenes, God inspires faith in His gracious promises and enables His children to accomplish extraordinary things on behalf of their neighbor.
This study examines
- the "reversals" in Esther that point to God's gracious work in human history;
- the strength believers receive through God's promises;
- the foreshadowing of Christ in the life of Mordecai.
Each study in the God’s Word for Today series provides an in-depth exploration of a book of the Bible. Each session includes:
- background information on the book of the Bible, its author, audience, occasion, and purpose
- learning experiences that promote exciting and challenging discussions;
- notes for leaders that answer questions, suggest a learning process, and provide additional information;
- discussion starters that help participants apply God’s Word to their daily lives.
Includes the student guide and leader guide.
Downloadable Bible studies are quick and budget friendly. There are no shipping charges and no more waiting for them to be delivered. Each study is available immediately after purchase. The studies are also reproducible which allows you to make as many copies as you need for your Bible study group. To view your library of purchased downloads, simply log in and select “my downloads”.
|Books of Bible||Esther|
|Section of Bible||Old Testament, Historical Books|