Behold the Man! Resources for Lent-Easter Preaching and Worship - Digital Edition
Rich-text files allow you to adapt each of the included components for your church’s needs:
- Ten sermons and children’s messages
- Seven Bible studies
- Two full sets of worship resources (one traditional and one creative)
- New hymn for the series
- Logos and media kit for promotional use
- Resources for Holy Week worship
- Congregational reading of the Passion of our Lord according to the Gospel of St. Mark
This resource is a digital download.You will be able to immediately download the entire resource—no more waiting or paying for shipping!
How to Download
Downloading directly after checkout:
- On the order confirmation screen, you will see your download files along with an access now button. The button will be below the icon for printing your receipt.
- Click the access now button. That will take you directly to the just-purchased downloadable piece.
- Log in to your cph.org account with your username and password.
- At the top of the homepage, and click “My Account.”
- On the left hand side, click “Digital Content” under the heading of the same name.
- All your digital content will be available for download on this page.
About the Theme
“Behold the man!”
Pilate’s command to the crowd at Jesus’ crucifixion speaks an incredible truth—Jesus was indeed man. More specifically, He was God and man, an eternal being inhabiting a human body.
Jesus had a body. He had a nose. Knees. Toes. Bones. Fingerprints. He hungered, prayed, and bled. He had a mother, He drank wine, He was baptized.
This Lenten season, behold the man—the man who suffered, died, and rose again. The man who lived a perfect life and defeated death. The man whose death led to your life.
About the Author
Rev. Jeffrey Hemmer is pastor of Bethany Evangelical Lutheran Church in Fairview Heights, IL. He is the author of Man Up!: The Quest for Masculinity.