Here you stand, wondering what the Lord’s Supper is all about. Well, let us introduce you to the latest addition to the Lutheranism 101 family!
LUTHERANISM 101: THE LORD’S SUPPER examines what Scripture and the Confessions have to say about Jesus’ gift of His true body to eat and His true blood to drink.
What Lutherans believe and teach about the Lord’s Supper makes us distinct from all other Christians. We believe the Lord’s Supper is a life-giving blessing given by God to the Church. It is a miracle in bread and wine established by the God-man Jesus Christ.
Using the same conversational style and design as Lutheranism 101, THE LORD’S SUPPER gives
• An overview of Jesus’ teaching regarding the Lord’s Supper
• A discussion of problems that happen when some either don’t believe what Scripture says about His Supper, or try to say more than Scripture says
• A discussion of how belief in who Jesus is affects what we believe about the Sacrament and what we receive.
Each chapter concludes with several questions that can be used to further the study and the discussion about the material. For those who may be leading a group discussion based upon the chapter, and for those individuals who want to check their answers against the author’s comments, a free downloadable guide is available online atlutheranism101.com.
Books in the Lutheranism 101 Family
- The book that started it all, offering a quick, concise, yet comprehensive book that offers a fresh examination of Lutheran beliefs and heritage.
Lutheranism 101 The Course
- The Course works closely with Lutheranism 101 to take the reader deeper into the teaching, doctrine, or practice being presented.
Lutheranism 101 The Lord's Supper
- This volume examines what Scripture and the Confessions have to say about Jesus’ gift of His true body to eat and His true blood to drink.
Lutheranism 101 Holy Baptism -
This volume gives an overview of what Baptism is, what it does, how it does it, and what it means for our lives now and into the future.
Lutheranism 101 For Kids
- Designed to teach pre-confirmation children about the Lutheran faith and God’s love for them in Christ.